Dave Larsson has practiced commercial real estate law since 1984, advising clients (particularly owners, tenants, and other “end users”) on real estate acquisitions, dispositions, development projects, leasing, financing, and asset management projects all across the United States. During that period, he has helped one client grow from 2 US stores in 1984 to over 40 as of 2017, and he has helped another client grow to become the market leader in the Delaware Valley. Since 2007, Dave has also gained valuable experience in energy technology engineering, procurement, and construction agreements, having helped one retailer client successfully complete an ambitious project to install photovoltaic (solar) systems on the vast majority of its major store and distribution center rooftops, and having helped other retailer clients successfully complete rooftop leases and subleases and power purchase agreements.
A former partner at an AmLaw 100 law firm, Dave served as in-house general counsel and executive vice president to a Philadelphia-area shopping center development company, where he acquired valuable hands-on experience in acquisition, development, construction, and management of ground-up shopping center properties. In 1995, Dave joined Paul Scheuritzel as a fellow shareholder in the firm that is now known as Larsson & Scheuritzel P.C.
Dave served for 20 years as a permanent invitee and advisor to the Board of the United States property subsidiary of a large international privately-held company. Before law school, Dave taught music, history, and algebra for 5 years in a private school in Maine, where he and his wife, Anne, served as Artistic Director and Tour Director, respectively, of a touring show, featuring school students and faculty, that performed in venues throughout the eastern United States.
- General outside real estate counsel to international “big box” retailer in U.S. matters, including acting as counsel (either directly or via oversight of local counsel) in acquisition, development, design, construction, remodeling, relocation, and disposition of retail and distribution facilities in the markets throughout the U.S.
- Regional outside real estate counsel to privately held supermarket chain in leasing of store facilities throughout Delaware Valley region.
- Outside real estate counsel to publicly traded owner of elementary schools and preschools in markets throughout the U.S.
- Real estate counsel to various Delaware Valley retailers, developers and owners in acquisition, development, financing, and leasing of real estate.
- Local counsel to Fortune 50 companies in Delaware Valley real estate transactions.
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School, 1985
B.A., History, cum laude, Bowdoin College, 1976
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Super Lawyer, 2005 – 2012
- West Jersey History Round Table
- Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce (SACC), Board Member
- “Exclusives After Winn-Dixie and Its Progeny: When Exclusive-Use Covenants Get Personal,” International Council of Shopping Centers Law Conference, Hollywood, FL (October 2016)
- “Exclusive Use Clauses: What Each Party Wants, and What Each Party Needs,” International Council of Shopping Centers Law Conference, Phoenix, AZ (October 2015)
- “The Unwritten Rules of Commercial Real Estate Transactions,” Jenkins Law Library, Philadelphia, PA (April 2014; April 2015; March 2016)
- “Foreign Retailers Entering the U.S. Market: What a Foreign Tenant Might Not Understand; and What We Might Not Understand about a Foreign Tenant,” International Council of Shopping Centers Law Conference, Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, San Diego, CA (January 2008)
- “Answers to the questions about the role of attorneys in deal negotiations,” CBRE Leadership Center, Lease Negotiations, Chicago, IL (April 2007)