Behind the story of a successful business is often the story of one or more entrepreneurial families, and then the second, third, and even fourth generations of those families. The lawyers of Larsson & Scheuritzel P.C. are finely attuned to the professional legal needs of those families, including business and personal aspects of those family needs.
- Serving as “family lawyer” for several different families, overseeing multigenerational wills and trusts for family spanning several generations and in multiple geographical locations.
- Representing individual in successful purchase of summer camp following protracted negotiations involving numerous appraisals and litigation.
- Structuring buy-in of next generation of partners in established architectural firm.
- Preparing comprehensive estate and succession plans for family-run businesses in retail supermarket and summer camp fields, including preparation and adoption of trusts to minimize estate taxes over several generations.
- Providing sophisticated trusts and estates planning advice and structuring, including creation of family limited partnerships, special needs trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), generation-skipping dynasty trusts, spousal lifetime access trusts (SLATs), and irrevocable life insurance trusts.
- Providing Elder Law advice, including consultation regarding social security benefits and Medicare, Medicaid planning, estate administration, probate of wills, preparation and filing of inheritance and estate tax returns, advice regarding estate accounting, and representation in Orphans’ Court.
- Our clients in litigated matters include entrepreneurs, individuals, and small businesses in the Mid-Atlantic region and elsewhere.
- Our representation of emerging or active business includes: start-up, formation and growth planning; advice and drafting concerning ownership, employment, consulting and severance agreements; structuring, negotiation, and preparation of contracts in connection with licensing and financing arrangements and sales, stock purchases, asset purchases, acquisitions, and mergers of businesses and assets; as well as ongoing business advice in connection with matters such as intellectual property, litigation, leasing, taxation, restructuring, and employer-employee relations.
- We also counsel business investors and executives in financial and estate planning.