The insurance coverage dispute practice of Larsson & Scheuritzel P.C. involves various types of insurance, including title, life, property, and casualty. We regularly advise and counsel clients about general risk management. We also evaluate insurance provisions in contract, acquisition and leasing documentation, including provisions relating to property and casualty, business interruption, rental, and builder’s risk insurance, as well as provisions governing indemnification, waiver of subrogation and insured events including tender of defense.
Our litigation practice includes extensive experience with coverage disputes involving a wide array of insurance products.
- Nationwide Life Ins. Co. v. Commonwealth Land Title Ins. Co., 687 F.3d 620 (3d. Cir. 2012) – Affirming summary judgment against title insurer.
- Nationwide Life Ins. Co. v. Commonwealth Land Title Ins. Co., 579 F.3d 304 (3d. Cir. 2009) – Interpreting title insurance endorsement to reverse dismissal of complaint.
- Represented claimant under multi-million dollar policy of title insurance in litigation that vindicated the policyholder’s right to coverage for its claim.
- Represented life insurance trust in litigation against life insurance company to vindicate the client’s rights as beneficiary under policy of life insurance resulting in payment of claim by life insurer under policy.
- Settled OSHA claim against concrete contractor in connection with fatal accident involving several of the company’s employees.
- Successfully represented contractor against insurance company that denied coverage of workplace accident involving multiple facilities.
- Advised major manufacturer of construction materials of its rights under existing policy where insurance broker switched policies without explaining coverage gap.