Since 1988, Paul Scheuritzel has represented clients in a wide array of complex commercial and litigation matters, with a particular emphasis on real estate and construction. His matters have taken him throughout the United States.
His clients include multi-national companies offering a variety of services and products.
Clients appreciate the knowledge, experience, and insight he brings to his matters, as well as his ability to view client disputes within the context of the client’s ongoing business needs and concerns. Paul is experienced in all facets of traditional litigation as well as mediation and arbitration.
Paul is active in his local chapter of the American Inns of Court.
Paul graduated from Villanova University Law School, cum laude, in 1988. While there, he was a Case and Comments Editor of the Villanova Law Review. Paul is also a member of the Order of the Coif. Before joining this firm, Paul served as an associate at an AmLaw 100 law firm. Prior to law school, Paul worked as a copy editor for a small publisher in New York City.
- Represented a large international retailer in resolving multiple construction disputes, large and small.
- Successfully represented a large national insurance company as plaintiff in a multi-year title-insurance dispute involving multiple successful appeals to the U.S. Court of Appeals and ultimately caused the rewrite of the well-known “comprehensive endorsement.”
- Defended an owner from a low six-figure construction claim and ended up collecting $2.5M from the initial claimant in mediation, before trial became necessary.
- Helped a client formulate and execute a complex real estate workout strategy, involving both litigation and large real estate transactions, that successfully repositioned the client from imminent foreclosure to successful refinancing.
- Successfully defended a small religious community in Federal court against efforts by a financing company to collect for equipment never installed.
- Successfully defended a small manufacturer in state court in Pennsylvania against allegations of malfunctions in equipment supplied to large construction project.
- Successfully represented a large, national provider of electronic services as plaintiff in multiple Federal cases in an ongoing fight against electronic piracy.
- Successfully defended an entrepreneur against claims made under a non-compete agreement.
- Successfully defended a student against university over allegations of improper behavior.
- Successfully represented an entrepreneur as plaintiff who was a victim of electronic spying, in claims under state and Federal Stored Communications acts, and state and Federal Computer Fraud and Abuse acts.
- Successfully represented a bankruptcy trustee in the rehabilitation and auction of convention hotel and meeting facilities.
- Successfully represented a bankrupt entity as plaintiff in suit involving theft of trade secrets and commercial torts.
- Nationwide Life Ins. Co. v. Commonwealth Land Title Ins. Co., 687 F.3d 620 (3d. Cir. 2012)
- Nationwide Life Ins. Co. v. Commonwealth Land Title Ins. Co., 579 F.3d 304 (3d. Cir. 2009)
J.D., cum laude, Villanova University School of Law (Order of the Coif), 1988
B.A., Hamilton College, 1983
United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- American Inns of Court
- Order of the Coif
- Super Lawyer, 2008 – 2014