Gregg Perchick is a versatile attorney with over a decade of experience in private practice and in-house. The focus of his practice is real estate, commercial transactions, and corporate finance. He has substantial experience representing commercial tenants, institutional landlords, real estate developers, business owners, lenders, and real estate investment trusts (REITs) in connection with retail, office and warehouse leasing, single and multi-property acquisitions and dispositions, property development and management, and real estate secured and asset-based financing in markets throughout the United States. Gregg also handles commercial litigation, arbitration, franchising and creditor’s rights matters.
Clients appreciate Gregg’s diverse experience, which has included working as an attorney at a few of the region’s most prominent law firms, as an Assistant General Counsel at a real estate investment trust (REIT), and as a Counsel and underwriter at one of the country’s largest title insurance companies. Having served as a legal advisor, the client, and the insurer, Gregg can anticipate the needs of the various parties to a business deal in order to facilitate a more positive and expeditious transaction. Gregg also draws upon his experience before law school as a consultant for both public and private organizations, including the Environmental Protection Agency.
Gregg graduated with honors from Franklin and Marshall College (BA), University of Delaware School of Business and Economics (MBA) and Temple University Beasley School of Law (JD). He served as a Staff Member and Note Comment Editor of the Temple Law Review. Gregg is admitted to practice in the State of New Jersey, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. He is a certified arbitrator for the First Judicial District, Common Pleas Court, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he continues to adjudicate several cases a year, and was a mediator for the Philadelphia Family Court. A long-time Center City resident, Gregg is a fan of all of Philadelphia’s sports teams and an avid explorer of the city’s culinary and arts scenes.
- Negotiated over one hundred (100) office, retail, and commercial leases for both landlords and tenants.
- Prepared several anchor tenant leases as part of an effort to expand a retailer into various new markets throughout the United States and assist another retailer increase its presence in the northeast region.
- Reviewed due diligence materials, negotiated title, and drafted acquisition documents in connection with a Fortune 500 company’s purchase of more than one hundred (100) properties in a single multi-state transaction.
- Handled the underwriting, title clearance, and closing diligence of over 100 properties as part of a multi-million dollar loan transaction.
- Drafted and negotiated sale documents in connection with the disposition of a REIT’s non-core real estate assets in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey and Florida.
- Counseled a real estate development company through a $40M sale-leaseback transaction of a large industrial site.
- Reviewed real estate diligence and title documents for a national lender in connection with the securitization of a multi-million dollar loan to an energy company.
J.D., cum laude, Temple University Beasley School of Law, 2002
M.B.A., University of Delaware School of Business and Economics, 1997
B.A., Government, cum laude, Franklin and Marshall College
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- First Judicial District Court of Common Pleas Arbitration Center
- Greenfield Elementary School Home and School Association
- Jewish Relief Agency (JRA)