Michael Eng’s practice focuses on real estate and real estate finance transactions. Michael represents owners, developers, investors, landlords, tenants, lenders, and borrowers in commercial and residential projects throughout the United States. Capitalizing on his pre-law background in finance and asset management, Michael advises clients on acquisition and financing matters and as well as complex lease negotiations.
Prior to joining Larsson & Scheuritzel P.C., Michael was an associate in the real estate department of a large New York City law firm, where he gained experience in all aspects of real estate transactions and real estate development. His work included closing and financing transactions that involved large and complex real estate assets, including hotels, multi-family construction projects, high-end retail and office leasing, and joint venture developments.
Michael began his legal career as an associate at a Long Island law firm servicing New York tristate area healthcare providers, where he represented healthcare systems, nursing and rehabilitation centers, and medical practices in their real estate and finance needs. Prior to law school, Michael worked in finance, primarily at Lehman Brothers, supporting their mortgage-backed securities operations, and at Argonaut Capital, a former New York-based hedge fund.
A graduate of Providence College, Michael received his law degree from the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, where he was a Student Editorial Assistant for the British Journal of American Legal Studies, published through Birmingham City University. He is a member of the New York and New Jersey Bars.
- Real Estate Acquisition and Development
- Financing and acquisition of a $119 million portfolio of nursing homes located in NJ, PA & Washington, D.C.
- Representation of seller in the sale of a dairy farm operation on Long Island.
- Assisted in the real estate due diligence of a $250 million acquisition of an international hotel, restaurant, and nightclub venture.
- Real Estate Financings
- Representation of the borrower of a $100 million refinance of a hotel in downtown Brooklyn.
- Representation of borrower of a $77 million construction loan and $27.96 million acquisition loan for borrower/developer of a multi-family development site in Brooklyn.
- Representation of New York area-based private bridge lender in connection with building and mortgage loans for development sites in Brooklyn and the Bronx.
- Representation of borrower $9 million mezzanine financing for a joint venture development in Los Angeles.
- Representation of borrower for a $20 million acquisition loan for development of a nursing and rehabilitation center on Long Island.
- Leasing Representation
- Representation of hospitality group tenant in the 99 year ground lease for the purposes of developing a hotel and nightclub in New York City.
- Representation of a national landlord in the ground leasing of a development outparcel in a shopping center to a global bank for purposes of opening a bank branch.
- Representation of a landlord/developer in the leasing of ground floor experiential showroom space in New York City for the luxury line of a foreign automobile manufacturer.
- Sole associate representing the landlord for 354,000 square feet of retail space with an international department store chain to be used for its U.S. flagship location.
- New York
- New Jersey
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association